Filipino food hack maven, ulam content creator, and family bonding connoisseur Hazel Anonuevo, known to the public as HazelCheffy, is engaged!
The simple, heartwarming engagement was witnessed by friends and loved ones, then shared with her community as a video entitled ‘Cooking Ina Mo Engaged Na!!!’
What started out as a birthday party for her now-fiance, Jerome Ledesma, ended with him bending the knee and popping the question. Of course, HazelCheffy’s answer is “isang matamis na oo!” (a sweet ‘yes!’).
Hazel and Jerome met on Facebook back in 2013 — he was a culinary student, she was a private cook. Though a few years younger than she was, Hazel admittedly fell smitten for the guy. She agreed to only engage in a formal relationship after a year of courtship and ‘pagpapapansin’, per Hazel herself!
Since becoming a couple, Hazel shares that they have had their shares of ups and downs, fights, and even break-ups.
And in true HazelCheffy fashion, she shares her tips not on the perfect kare-kare this time, but on what she believes is the recipe for a delicious marriage!
- Dapat emotionally prepared ka! Ask yourself if this person is really the one you want to be with for life.
- Dapat financially prepared kayo! “Money is a big aspect to help your relationship work. You can’t live off of love alone!
- Dapat may trust! When you get married, you become one in heart and mind. You can’t think of just yourself anymore. You have to be considerate of each other.
- Dapat may open communication! Don’t keep mum. You can’t just not talk to each other for a week. Fix it right away no matter how hard it is. Calm yourselves and find a way to fix things.
- Dapat may teamwork! You’re no longer on your own. The two of you, don’t allow one to bear the burden while the other does nothing for the family)” she reminds.
And her message to everyone that was in the same boat before she got engaged is this: For the girls that are still waiting, unsure whether their significant others will marry them despite being in the relationship for a long time, don’t lose hope! If they really love you, you’re the only one they’ll bring to the altar. We can’t force the men, if they don’t want it, they really won’t want it yet. We can wait for them — at the right time ‘gagalaw ang baso!’
Follow her on social media!
HazelCheffy on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hazelcheffy/
HazelCheffy on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/HazelCheffy
HazelCheffy on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hazelcheffy/
HazelCheffy on Tiktok – https://www.tiktok.com/@hazelcheffy/