Through the generosity and cooperation of the Embassy of the Netherlands in the Philippines, the Angat Buhay initiative invites Mindanao-based organizations to participate in their Small Grants Program.
Recognizing the diversity and vibrancy of the region, Angat Buhay and the Embassy of Netherlands’ Small Grants Program is geared towards giving movements the support they need to assist Mindanao. It aims to sow the seeds for Mindanao’s brighter and more inclusive future.
Rooted in the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), each organization that wishes to participate in the Small Grants Program must not just be based in Mindanao, but the organization’s beneficiaries should also Mindanaoans.
Angat Buhay is welcoming proposal from those who belong to any of these Mindanao-based organizations who want to ignite change in the region:
- Grassroots Organizations: Newly established or evolving volunteer and nonprofit entities committed to community upliftment and positive change.
- Sustainable Enterprise Champions: Entrepreneurs and agricultural pioneers dedicated to integrating sustainability into their ventures for broader socio-economic upliftment.
- Local Governance Torchbearers: Key figures within local governance showcasing a commitment to transparent, participatory, and progressive leadership.
- Cultural Custodians: Individuals, collectives, or organizations fervently championing Mindanao’s history, arts, and traditions.
With the Angat Buhay’s Small Grants Program deeply rooted in the SDGs, the program’s objectives reflect the goals, with each designed to foster development and drive positive change across each of these vital areas:
- Empowerment and Capacity Building: Strengthening the capabilities of emerging volunteer and nonprofit organizations in Mindanao to make meaningful contributions to their communities.
- Promotion of Social Cohesion: Instilling a spirit of unity and mutual respect through inter-generational and inter-community dialogues, celebrating Mindanao’s diverse cultural heritage.
- Sustainable Economic Growth: Fortifying local entrepreneurial and agricultural ventures with an emphasis on sustainable practices for inclusive socio-economic advancement.
- Reinforcement of Socio-Political Structures: Bolstering local governance, voters’ rights, and democratic processes in regions susceptible to conflicts.
- Holistic Health and Wellness: Supporting local initiatives focusing on mental and physical well-being, aligning with global standards and cultural sensibilities.
Ready to make a difference? You can send your application to bit.ly/2023SmallGrantsProgramApplication and head on to bit.ly/2023SmallGrantsProgramProposalTemplate to download the proposal template. The deadline for proposal submission is November 21, 2023. Shortlisted organizations will participate in a capacity-building program in Cagayan de Oro City on November 28, 2023.
Selected projects will receive grants ranging from Php 50,000 to Php 100,000, and each chosen project will have 3 to 6 months to be completed.
Start building a brighter, more hopeful future for Mindanao by sending in your proposals, and let’s get to work!
For any inquiries, contact [email protected].
Apply here: bit.ly/2023SmallGrantsProgramApplication
Proposal Template: bit.ly/2023SmallGrantsProgramProposalTemplate