The Philippines finally got a gold medal after almost a hundred years of joining the Olympics, many well-known persons in the country will reward weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz for bringing the Philippines into a momentous event.
Rewards that awaits Weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz
- Under Republic Act 10699, it is stated that all Olympic gold medalists are bound to receive P10 million as a reward for their triumphs. Diaz is the first time who will receive it, coming from the country’s government sports agency.
- Manny Pangilinan, a businessman and chairman of MVP Sports Foundation will give P10 million to Hidilyn. He tweeted on his Twitter account “Wow as in Wow” as his appreciation words for Diaz.
- Businessman Ramon Ang will also offer P10 million cash prize to all Olympic players that received a gold medal in the competition.
- An athlete, sports patron, and representative, Mikee Romero, promised to give P3 million to all gold medalists in Tokyo.
- Philippine Olympic Committee president Bambol Tolentino said that he will reward Diaz a house and lot.
- The League of Provinces of the Philippines (LPP) will be recompensed Diaz at least P1million. Governors will share and contribute to filling the said amount and give it to Diaz.
- Andrew Tan-led property developer Megaworld Corp. will compensate Weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz’s worth of P14 million condominium in Eastwood City. “We believe that it’s just right to give our first-ever Olympic gold medalist a home in our first-ever township, Eastwood City, where she can enjoy the township lifestyle with her family and loved ones,” Tan said.
Hidilyn Diaz brought honor to the country several times, she competed in different countries across the world. She represented the Philippines in the weightlifting sport at a young age. She also won a silver medal in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.