This year is a Christmas like no other that we have experienced in our lifetime. This was the very first time that we have attended SM Supermalls annual Christmas events through virtual experience that it made us want to go out and visit the malls even more.
Last November 6, the grandest SMagical Christmas Launch happened while we were stayed at home and attending online via zoom video conference.
While every Filipinos await this year’s holiday, it is also the ‘new normal’ way to celebrate Christmas as we try to live by with the pandemic.
SM Supermalls is highlighting six surprises for everyone to see and participate. Well, in reality, we can visit SM Supermalls branches nationwide provided that we are following the health protocols as we step inside the malls.
Here are the AweSM Christmas experience that awaits everyone!
1. Christmas Launches. SM Supermalls brings a visual treat on November 6 as 12 different SM malls will light up the annual Christmas Tree and showcase the magnificent centerpiece displays that heralds in the Christmas season. From SM Mall of Asia to SM Megamall, to SM Seaside Cebu City and SM CDO Downtown Premier!
We remember visiting a lot of SM Supermalls in the Philippines every Christmas before this pandemic hits. It’s always a fun and awesome experience to see SM’s Christmas Trees and centerpiece Displays.
Other SM Supermalls nationwide followed suit with their own magical Christmas light up on November 7 & 8 that delighted mall-goers.
2. Christmas Chorale. Christmas is incomplete without music.
Allow the Christmas spirit of merriment cheer you and your family while you watch the Holiday choir performances at select SM Supermalls this December.
3. Christmas Markets. You can buy your Christmas gifts and other essentials from MSMEs at SM’s nationwide Christmas Markets from November 9 to January 3.
This is part of Kasama ng SM campaign and DTI’s Buy Local, Support Local advocacy.
4. Selfie with Santa. Christmas is not the same without Santa Claus and SM is making sure that you can still have your picture taken with a virtual Santa Claus. How cool is that?
All you have to do is download and install the Let’s Play Now at SM mobile app and simply scan the AR (augmented reality) markers located in select areas in SM malls and have a virtual photo with Santa.
5. SM Bears of Joy. Beginning November 4 until Christmas Day, SM Supermalls is giving back through its annual Bears of Joy campaign.
For this year though, shoppers can collect special medical frontliner Bears of Joys. Buy a pair of bear for only P200, one for you to keep, and the other one for charity.
6. TikTok Fam Contest. Have fun with your family and spread some Christmas joy by joining the TikTok Fam Contest. Show your dance moves to your favorite Christmas song in your favorite SM mall and get a chance to win exciting prizes.
And while you’re inside SM, visit Watsons, Asia’s leading health and beauty retailer, where you can find the best of health, wellbeing, beauty and personal care in stores and online. Check it out here.