Breaking News

Driver of RAV4 in hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong already identified

0 0

The driver of the white SUV Toyota RAV4 who intentionally ran over a trafdic enforcer in Mandaluyong, corner of a popular shopping mall, has already been identified by the LTO (Land Transportation Office) and police authorities have invited the suspect for a hearing on the case.

In a show-cause order issued on Monday, LTO Intelligence and Investigation Division (IID) officer-in-charge Renante Melitante ordered the vehicle owner and the “assigned driver” to appear at the LTO IID in East Avenue, Quezon City on Tuesday.

“The assigned driver is further directed to submit a written comment/explanation thereon to show cause why he should not be administratively charged for Reckless Driving (Sec. 48 of RA 4136), Duty of driver in case of accident (Sec. 55 of RA 4136) and why his driver’s license should not be suspended or revoked in connection with the incident stated above,” the order read.

The victim, Christian Floralde, security guard traffic enforcer, was manning the flow of traffic along Julia Vargas Avenue corner St. Francis Street, on a Sunday afternoon (June 5, 2022), when the white SUV appeared, bumped, and intentionally ran over the helpless victim who already fell in the middle of the road and fled the scene of the crime.

Thanks to a dashcam footage from Miko Angelo Ramos, the traffic violation and attempted homicide was captured in broad daylight.

The name of the car registrant owner and the driver of the SUV during the time of the incident is one and the same, according to LTO. The driver is a resident of Diliman, Quezon City and he is now facing initial charges of reckless imprudence resulting in physical injury and with a penalty of perpetual disqualification under LTO.

According to the victim’s partner, Christian has difficulty in breathing due to injuries in his torso, and is on oxygen support. The victim also sustained head wounds. Floralde is still under observation at Victor R. Potenciano Hospital.

Sen. JV Ejercito offered a PHP 50,000 cash reward to anyone who can help lead the capture of driver who was earlier unidentified.

Philippine National Police (PNP) said the owner of the vehicle has sent surrender feelers.

PNP director for operations Maj. Gen. Valeriano de Leon said the lawyer of the vehicle owner had already coordinated with them with regard to the surrender.

“Feeler pa lang ito. Tinitingnan nila siguro makakabuti sa magkabilang panig at sinisiguro naman natin dahil natunton naman natin kung sino itong may-ari ng saskayan at kung saan ito nakatira kaya it is likely that the soonest possible time they will appear sa police station. (This is just a feeler. Perhaps they are looking what will be good for both sides since the owner was identified as well as the residence. That is why it is likely that the soonest possible time, they will appear at the police station),” de Leon told reporters.

About Post Author

Admin - Metropoler

Metropoler is a social media-centric news website in the Philippines that covers the intersection of financial, business, media, tech, science, tourism, food, entertainment, art, politics, and culture launched on June 1, 2020.
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: