Delicate garments are beautiful to wear but aren’t always the easiest to maintain. They aren’t made with thicker fabrics that allow them to be tossed in a washer or folded to be stored in the closet. Fine knits, lace, chiffon, and velvet need special care when cleaning and storing. Here are five easy tips for taking care of such fabrics:
1. Wash delicate garments the right way. Start sorting the delicates by type because washing delicates of different fabrics may snag in the wash and lose their shape. Zippers and other enclosures that aren’t securely fastened can also damage clothes, especially fine ones like silk. Users can choose to wash their delicates in a mesh bag and under the “Delicate” or “Gentle” wash setting with the lowest spin cycle and turn them inside out to protect their color.
Samsung’s AirDresser is the newest innovation in clothing care. Its Wrinkle Care technology uses a combination of steam and air to relax and smooth out creases in clothes, so they’re ready to wear. It removes 100% of wrinkles from woolen clothes and 80% of creases from rayon material. HeatPump Drying gently dries clothes to reduce damage and shrinkage.
2. Disinfect. Washing clothes rids them of dirt but disinfecting them offers an extra layer of protection. This is especially important for garments with embellishments like beads or sequins, since washing them too frequently may damage them or the clothes that go with them in the wash.
The AirDresser keeps clothes extra clean through the Jet Air technology, which blows powerful jets of air upwards on the garments to loosen and remove dust. Its JetSteam system also infuses high-temperature steam to eliminate 99.9% of viruses and bacteria, 100% of house mites, 99% of odor-causing gases, and 99% of other harmful substances.
3. Keep clothes fresh. Mold and mildew may form in closets because of the lack of ventilation. This may cause odors that stick to clothing. If clothes don’t smell fresh when stored in a closet, find the source and eliminate it immediately. Delicate fabrics, like cashmere, are best enjoyed when they smell good, too.
The AirDresser has a Deodorizing Filter that freshens clothes, by breaking down the particles of odors caused by sweat, tobacco, and food. The AirDresser also keeps itself tidy with Self Clean technology, which dehumidifies, sanitizes, and deodorizes inside. It doesn’t need detergent as it uses a combination of heat, air, and steam to clean the interiors. It also notifies homeowners when it needs cleaning.
4. Always read the label. Fabrics like fine knits require hand washing or dry cleaning. Some are specifically for dry cleaning only so it’s important to bring these pieces to a professional cleaner to prolong their shape and quality.
Using the SmartThings app, the Samsung AirDresser has a Care Recipe and Special Course features that can provide special cycles for different kinds of fabric. Fancy clothes, especially sensitive garments, can also be cared for by the AirDresser—minimizing the need for professional services such as dry cleaning.
5. Treat stains instantly. Stains from coffee, wine, ink, and makeup are unavoidable but what’s important is that these are treated immediately. When treating stains for intricate fabrics, natural stain removers like white vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice work best. During the wash, rub it gently on the stain with a finger and use only as much as necessary; do not use commercial stain removers or bleach.
For more information about the Samsung AirDresser, visit samsung.com/ph/washers-and-dryers/airdresser/airdresser-with-3-jacket-and-3-pants-capacity-crystal-mirror-df60r8600cg-tc/.
Safe Samsung Shopping
Health and safety protocols are strictly followed in Samsung Experience Stores to keep consumers and employees safe. Adhering to the guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, Samsung has implemented the mandatory use of face masks, and performs frequent sanitation in all stores.
Samsung Experience Stores also has unique QR health declaration codes to promote a safe and contactless contact tracing process. Product demonstrations are done side-by-side instead of face-to-face while keeping the required safe distance of one (1) meter to make sure everyone is socially distanced. Find the nearest Samsung Experience store via samsung.com/ph/samsung-experience-store/locations/